Hard Cover, Paperback, Audio
AVAILABLE ON ALL E-READERS!
Gold Medal in Popular Fiction,
2017 Florida Book Awards;
Silver Medal in Thriller & Suspense,
Foreword INDIES Book of the Year Awards;
Finalist, 2017 Best Book Awards
Florida Weekly Pick of the Year, 2017
Nicole Nelson and Ahmed Masud are a dynamic, highly successful Philadelphia couple. They are partners in a thriving plastic surgery practice, are very much in love, and they adore their young son, Alex. But cracks are beginning to appear in their fairy-tale life: lingering post-9/11 prejudice against Arab men, accumulating malpractice lawsuits for Ahmed, and most recently, pressure from Ahmed’s wealthy family in Cairo for him to return to Egypt—permanently—with his son.
The Masud family pressure becomes a demand as the Hosni Mubarak regime is seriously threatened by protestors in Egypt. Ahmed’s family owes their control of the Egyptian cotton empire directly to Mubarak cronyism. If Mubarak goes down, the Masuds will surely lose their wealth, maybe even their lives. They need Ahmed back in Egypt to implement their plan to move their fortune and family out of Egypt and into South America.
Ahmed must make a decision—stay with Nicole in America—or obey his father. And what about their son?
Tragic consequences, which Ahmed could have never foreseen, propel both the Masud family and Nelson family on a path toward unspeakable tragedy.
Brave, unflinching suspense—elegant, intelligent, and superb.
-Lee Child, New York Times best-selling author of No Middle Name and Night School
- The tight suspense unfurls almost lyrically in this high-stakes tale of a mother’s desperation. The lines between right and wrong and good and evil are smudged almost beyond recognition, but there’s emotional clout that resonates, all leading to a provocative conclusion. A terrific story, told terrifically.
-Steve Berry, New York Times best-selling author of The Lost Order
- Spanning three continents and two very different cultures, Gussin connects with the very relatable feelings of love, devotion, greed, and arrogance… Gussin keeps the tension up compelling the reader to continue on to the next chapter.
- Come Home has the requisite tension, suspense, and action as well as an intriguing plot and characters that play their parts well.
- Constantly exciting, Come Home is filled with detailed information… all is portrayed with vivid detail… Gussin delivers an amazing ride with the original, suspenseful and high-powered story.
- Patricia Gussin’s Come Home is a superbly crafted novel by a gifted author with a genuine flair for narrative-driven characters.
-Midwest Book Review