Patricia Gussin is a New York Times and USA Today best-selling author who is also Board Certified in Family Medicine and has had a career as an executive in the pharmaceutical industry. She and her husband, Robert Gussin, are the founders of Oceanview Publishing where she is President and Editor in Chief.
Patricia’s award-winning novels tell the stories of normal people under extraordinary stress. The choices they make. The consequences that follow. The process of endurance and recovery. Shadow of Death, nominated best first novel by International Thriller Writers, is followed by Twisted Justice, Weapon of Choice, and After the Fall. They comprise Medicine and Mayhem: The Dr. Laura Nelson Files. Her standalone thrillers include And Then There Was One, The Test, and Come Home. Both After the Fall and Come Home won the Florida Book Award Gold Medal in Popular Fiction.
She’s a graduate of Aquinas College in Grand Rapids, Michigan; Wayne State University School of Medicine; Tampa General Hospital Internship and Residency; and she has a MBA from Columbia University and an Honorary Doctorate from Duquesne University. She’s the mother of six children and lives with her husband, Bob Gussin, in Sarasota, Florida.
List of Awards
• Shadow of Death: Nominated best first novel by International Thriller Writers Association (2006)
• And Then There Was One: ForeWord Book of the Year Award Bronze Medal (2010) (Thriller/Suspense)
• After the Fall: Winner of USA National Best Book Award (2015)
• After the Fall: Gold Medal Winner of Florida Book Award for Popular Fiction (2015)
• Come Home: Gold Medal Winner of Florida Book Award for Popular Fiction (2017)
• Come Home: ForeWord Book of the Year Award Silver Medal (2017) (Thriller/Suspense)